Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How I Feel The Rest of the Season Will Shake Out

After reviewing the remaining schedule for United & Chelsea (I feel Liverpool and Arsenal are just too far back in the table to compete), this is how I predict the rest of the season to shake out. United would fall short of the 90 points barrier, which I think is plausible. Even if United lost one more game than Chelsea the rest of the way, the gap I believe is too big (goal differential is worth at least a draw the remainder of the season).

United

Wins: 9
Draws: 3
Losses: 2 (Liverpool (Away) & Chelsea (Away))
Total Points (at Season End): 87

Chelsea

Wins: 10
Draws: 2
Losses: 2 (West Ham (Away) & Arsenal (Away))
Total Points: 83

I believe Sir Alex said once that five losses should win you the league in most years and that would be where United would end this campaign.

No comments: