- Past Example - Although United's takeover by the Glazer family is in its infancy, as a United supporter, I have seen no evidence that the United Football Club is either in financial distress, nor its future has been compromised. I am sure others would disagree with me. but whenever solicited for important money for transfers, the Glazer family has "ponied up the dough" (e.g. Carrick). In addition, all you have to do is look at what the Glazer's have done with the Tampa Bay franchise to see their dedication for winning.
- $$$$ - How can in influx of a lot of money not be a good sign towards future development?!?!
- World Marketing - Spreading the Liverpool name even farther across the globe can only help in marketing Liverpool, let alone the EPL.
- Enhance Rivalries - As if the Scouse/United rivalry needed any more ammunition, but now you have Americans owning both teams. I can hear the "USA...USA...USA" chants right now.
- No DIC - The DIC takeover bid sounded a bit "dodgy" if you ask me.
- Alex Rodriguez - Tom Hicks is not afraid to take chances on high-priced athletes.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
'Pool Takeover Comments
I'm by no means a finance, nor football expert, however I believe this takeover by the two Americans of Liverpool can be nothing short of a future success story. My basis is on the following: